Friday, November 20, 2015

Giving Thanks at Memorial



Next Thursday, November 26th, many Memorial students and families will be celebrating the national holiday of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a day to gather with family and friends and give thanks.
In preparation for this day, students have been talking about what they are grateful for and the many ways to show their appreciation.

This year, we are glad to be a part of the Memorial community and we are thankful for our students who are so hard working, respectful and kind to one another. It is a pleasure for us to come to work each day and see them grow.

For this blog, we have a "guest blogger" from the 5th grade who shared his thoughts on what he is grateful for this year.

"I am thankful for my parents and my family because I love them.  I am also grateful for the festival of Eid because we all gathered together and prayed.  It was a special time for Muslims and it made me feel happy.   In addition, I appreciated all the food we ate. This year I'd like to express my gratitude for my family, friends and my religion."    ~ Omar Room 232

We hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment